University of Antwerp: call for papers ‘Educating the Interior Designer’
19 december 2022
This international conference aims to bring together scholars interested in the history of the education of interior designers. The conference will take place in Ghent on September 8th, 2023 and is a collaboration of the University of Antwerp and KU Leuven. This conference invites contributions that address the education of the interior designer throughout the twentieth century.
This conference invites contributions that address the education of the interior designer throughout the twentieth century. Papers can focus on one or more of the following subtopics:
- Institutional histories: papers to situate the position attributed to the interior design program within the constellation of existing courses and curricula.
- The inside look: papers to expose a process of knowledge production and dissemination by granting access into a design studio or lecture series of the past.
- The monographic approach: papers that challenge existing monographic narratives through an educational outlook.
For all information, please visit the website www.educating-the-interior-designer.com.
Please send your submission by February 1st 2023 to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- AiNB KICK-OFF with Jan, Sebastiaan and Tom at Vitra Partner Store, Antwerp
- Gebouwen toegankelijker maken? Als de regels helder zijn, is een nieuwe adviseur overbodig
- PODCAST: Jan Geysen: 'Wie niet evolueert, is weg'
- La Nouvelle Maison van Henry van de Velde: Wat maakt het gebouw bijzonder?